Filstorage raise nearly £1200 for 5 local charities
Staff at Filstorage have raised £1183.75 for 5 local charities by undertaking a sponsored bike ride/walk organised by the Rotary Club of Howden.
Team members participated in the 7 mile bike ride and 5 mile walk options raising money for:
- SEED (Support and Empathy for people with Eating Disorders)
- Teenage Cancer Trust via A Shining Light (care and support, designed for and with young people. A Shining Light was set up in memory of Howden School pupil Luke Stevens)
- Hull and East Yorkshire Mind (support and guidance to individuals and families experiencing poor mental health)
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance (dedicated helicopter emergency air ambulance that relies solely on donations)
- Hull and East Yorkshire Children's University (works with children growing up in disadvantaged areas who may not have the same opportunities as others).
The money was raised jointly by participating staff and suppliers of Filstorage. In total 42 supporters donated to the fundraiser, and we would like to thank everybody for their support, which will benefit five very worthwhile charities. Congratulations also to Paul, Karen, Steve, Sherri and Marc for completing their challenges. We’d also like to congratulate the Rotary Club of Howden all of the other participants who helped raise nearly £5000 in total for their chosen charities.
Filstorage is currently celebrating its 30th year and this fundraising challenge was part of a larger charitable project in which the company aims to support 30 charities/community groups and other good causes, in which over £3000 has already been donated. We look forward to sharing more details about this once we complete the challenge.